21 Jun – 17 Sep 2017 @ Somerset House, London
A multi-sensory exhibition featuring ten extraordinary perfumes and their pioneering creators, who have radically changed our perceptions of fragrance over the last 20 years. The exhibition explores the work of perfumers at the forefront, propelling perfume into more daring olfactory and creative directions, challenging classic definitions of scent and reshaping the mainstream market.
The first 5 perfumes and perfumers to be announced are:
- Sécretions Magnifiques by Antoine Lie for État Libre D’Orange (2007)
- El Cosmico by David Seth Moltz for D.S. & Durga (2015)
- Charcoal by Lyn Harris for Perfumer H (2016)
- Molecule 01 by Geza Schoen for Escentric Molecules (2005)
- Purple Rain by Daniela Andrier for Prada Olfactories (2015)
Conceived and curated by Claire Catterall, Senior Curator at Somerset House, and co-curated by Lizzie Ostrom, aka Odette Toilette.